- Licensing – Keep title insurance and settlement services license(s) up to date.
- Accounting – Establish electronic verification of reconciliation policies for Escrow Trust Accounts to follow.
- Personal information – Protect non-public personal information as required by local, state, and federal law with written and electronic guidelines.
- Compliant settlement procedures – Stay in compliance with Federal and State Consumer Financial Laws in relation to the Settlement process.
- Title policy delivery – Determine the process to quickly and efficiently produce, deliver, and report title policies and premium reporting and remittance.
- Insurance liability – Maintain liability insurance and fidelity coverage.
- Consumer complaints responsiveness – Create steps for resolving consumer complaints.
Global America Title Services, LLC has also implemented the following procedures and systems including:
- Establishing and maintaining current licenses to conduct the business of title insurance and settlement services
- Cloud computing
- Privacy software
- E-mail screening services with AppRiver
- Encrypted email systems and document delivery systems that are password protected for any documents and correspondence that contain National Provider Identifiers (NPI)
- Scanned and shredded files
- Passwords for guest WiFi
- Restricted computer and disaster recovery plans
- Positive Pay and Rhyno Cybersecurity as fraud prevention tools when dealing with our escrow accounts
We have taken the following steps concerning compliance pertaining to policies, procedures, regulations and laws, as well as taking additional steps to protect you!
- Adopting real estate settlement procedures and policies to ensure compliance with Federal and State Consumer Financial Laws as applicable to the settlement process
- Maintaining strict written procedures related to title policy production, delivery, reporting and premium remittance.
- Acquiring professional liability insurance and fidelity coverage.
- Implementing strict written procedures for resolving consumer complaints.
- Executing numerous internal procedures to prevent wire fraud.
- Utilize CATIC – an underwriting member of the American Land Title Association (ALTA)
We are well versed in new regulation changes to the title industry, called TRID, that were implemented in 2015.
Weekly staff training sessions and monthly compliance training sessions are held for our team to keep everyone up-to-date on rapidly evolving compliance rules.
In addition, we have obtained best practices certification by the standards our industry association has set forth.
Here are a few of the ways we have gone above and beyond to protect you and your information:
- Secure Website – We want to protect your information from the moment you contact us.
- Secure Email – Any emails that ask about or contain private information are sent securely encrypted.
- Vulnerability Scan – We’ve had a third party vulnerability assessment conducted where they have tested all of our systems to make sure they are not accessible by hackers.
- Firewall – We recently added a new hardware firewall as added security for all Internet traffic going in and out of our offices.
- Offsite Backups – Offsite backups prevent data loss in the event of a disaster
- Cybersecurity Insurance – We also carry the newly recommended cyber insurance to protect any affected parties if there ever was a data breach.
- Clean Desk Policy – All files and paperwork must be locked every night.